St Dominic’s celebrates the best exam results in the school’s history!
We were absolutely delighted to congratulate our 2019 Year 11 cohort for the best results in the school’s history:
– 27% of pupils achieved 5 or more GCSE’s at a grade 4 or above, whilst 45% of pupils attained 5 or more GCSEs at grades 1-9.
– 91% of the cohort attained at least one GCSE qualification.
– Many pupils in the cohort accessed portfolio based qualifications with great success at levels 1 and 2. When these are included, 63% of the cohort attained 5 or more GCSE or equivalent qualifications.
Maths and English results were particularly impressive this year:
– In English, 45% of pupils achieved a pass (grade 4+) and 36% achieved a ‘strong pass’ (grade 5+).
– In Maths, 36% of pupils achieved a pass (grade 4+) and 27% achieved a ‘strong pass’ (grade 5+).
We had similar success with the results attained by Sixth Form students:
– All students studying GCSE English as a re-sit achieved a grade 4+; two students had the tenacity to achieve this feat on their third and fourth attempts!
– 100% of students passed all of their portfolio based qualifications.
– Students studying AS Art and Design all attained grades A-C which is an outstanding result!
With the support of staff and families, pupils and students have overcome significant barriers to attain such impressive results and we celebrate their individual achievements, which often cannot be reflected in statistics. All pupils and students have made outstanding progress from their individual starting points.
We are very proud of all they have achieved