Worries and Concerns

Pupil and Student Worries and Concerns 

At St Dominic’s we have an open door policy and hope that you will come and talk to us if you have any worries, concerns or want to make a complaint. We are here to listen and help.

What are the types of things I might want to talk to an adult about?

  • You might feel you have been treated unfairly by an adult or another pupil or student
  • You might feel like you are being bullied
  • You might be feeling unsafe at school or at home

There are other things you might want to talk about as well. An adult will always make time to listen.

1. You can speak to any member of staff you feel comfortable with. This may include your tutor or therapist or any of these staff who are here to help:


Mrs Nesbit,                Mr Morton, Behaviour     Mrs Perry,                 Dr Glaysher, Designated
School Nurse            & Inclusion Lead                  Principal                     Safeguarding Lead

2.  Next:

  • You will be listened to.
  • We might pass the concern or complaint to another member of staff if we think they can help.
  • The person you have concerns about may be asked what happened.
  • If you wish, we will arrange for you to meet with the member of staff or pupil/student you have made the complaint about to see if we can sort it out. (The person you spoke to first will also be with you at this meeting.)
  • You will not get into trouble, but no ‘secrets’ can be kept and we may need to tell someone else if we think you or someone else is at risk.

3. If things still haven’t been sorted out:

  • You will be provided with information about your concern and what we are doing about it but if you are not happy with the outcome, you can contact the school’s governors who will investigate further.
  • If you wish to continue with your concern you can speak to Mrs Perry, our Principal.
  • If you wish, another adult can be invited to this meeting.
  • After this meeting Mrs Perry will see if there is anything else we need to do.

What will happen next if I have said I don’t feel safe at home or school?

  • What you have said will be shared with a member of staff on the safeguarding team
  • They will come and talk to you
  • They will tell you what we are going to do to keep you safe

Who else can I speak to about my concern?

If you still feel that things have not been sorted out, or if you want to talk to someone from outside the school, you can contact one of the people below. They will listen to you and then let you know as soon as possible whether there is something else that needs to be done.

  • Chair of Governors – contact via the School Office
  • The Children’s Rights Director – 0800 5280731
  • National Youth Advocacy Service – 0300 330 3131

Who else can I speak to if I don’t feel safe?

  • Childline – 0800 1111
  • Young people and adults can contact the NSPCC helpline ‘Report Abuse in Education’ on 0800 136 663 or email help@nspcc.org.uk