St Dominic’s have celebrated outstanding A Level, GCSE, BTEC, Functional skills and Entry level results with pupils and students who are delighted with their achievements and affirmation of their hard work over the years. As a group they are talented, hard-working, and determined. They have committed to their studies, in school and thoroughly deserve this success; we could not be prouder of them. Between them they have achieved an impressive 108 qualifications in 11 different subject areas at 4 different levels!
We would like to thank all our staff who supported pupils and students throughout their years, here alongside their families who have shared the anxiety and pressure whilst remaining calm and working in partnership with us to get them through.
It has been a delight to welcome many of them back this week into the St Dominic’s Sixth Form to enable them on the next stage of their journey.
We also wish all our leavers every success in their next endeavours and have every confidence they will ‘achieve ambitious goals and live life to the full’.
- Five 6th Form students took A Level Art/Photography and achieved grade D or above.
- 2 6th Form students took BTEC L3 in IT. Both achieving Distinctions
- 2 6th Form students took BTEC L3 in Creative Media. Both achieving Merits.
- 68 qualifications achieved in total for a cohort of 9 – an average of 7.6 per pupil!
- All pupils attained at least one GCSE qualification
- 5/9 pupils achieved 5 or more GCSEs at a grade 4 or above
- In GCSE English, 4/9 pupils achieved a pass (grade 4+)
- In GCSE Maths, 5/9 pupils achieved a pass (grade 4+) and, for the first time, all pupils who sat Maths GCSE were also entered for GCSE Statistics with 6/9 achieving a pass (grade 4+)!
- 27 BTEC qualifications were taken across 8 subjects
- 26/27 BTEC qualifications taken were passed
- 100% of the BTEC level 2 qualifications were achieved at a pass or higher
- 1 BTEC student achieved a D* which is considered to be equivalent to an A* at A level!