We are delighted to congratulate the Class of 2021 on their brilliant GCSE results. In the last 18 months our pupils and students have shown exceptional resilience and determination to ensure that their education was not impacted by COVID 19. They have committed to their studies, both in school and during remote learning, and thoroughly deserve this success; We could not be prouder of them. Between them they have achieved an impressive 118 qualifications!
- 1/3 of pupils achieved 5 or more GCSEs at a grade 4 or above, whilst 10/15 pupils attained 5 or more GCSEs at grades 1-9
- 14/15 pupils attained at least one GCSE qualification
- In GCSE English, 11/13 pupils achieved a pass (grade 4+) and 8/13 (62%) achieved a ‘strong pass’ (grade 5+)
- In GCSE Maths, 9/13 pupils achieved a pass (grade 4+) and 7/13 (54%) achieved a ‘strong pass’ (grade 5+)
- All students studying GCSE English as a re-sit achieved a grade 4+
- All students studying GCSE Maths as a re-sit achieved a grade 4+; one student had the tenacity to achieve this feat on their third attempt!
- 100% of students passed all of their portfolio-based qualifications
- Students studying A Level Art and Design attained grades D
- Students studying A Level English attained grades C or above – an outstanding result!
With the support of staff and families, pupils and students have overcome significant barriers to attain such impressive results and we also celebrate their individual achievements, which often cannot be reflected in attainment scores. All pupils and students have made outstanding progress from their individual starting points.
We wish all of our leavers every success in their next endeavours and have every confidence they will ‘achieve ambitious goals and live life to the full’.