Worries & Concerns
At St Dominic’s we have an open door policy and hope that you will come and talk to us if you have any concerns.
It would be very helpful if you could make an appointment so you can see the person you want (an adult can help you do this).
What do I do if I feel a member of staff or pupil has treated me unfairly?
If you feel you have been unfairly treated by a member of staff or pupil you can speak to any of the people below:
- Your Tutor
- Ginny Willis - Head of Transition and Wellbeing
- Haley Scanlon, The School Nurse
- Mark Oliver, Head of Care
- Miss Maxted, Head of Education
- Your Residential Area Leader
- Any member of staff you feel comfortable with.
- Mr Morton the Behaviour & Inclusion Co-ordinator
- Your parents/carer
- Your Link Worker
What will happen to my complaint?
- You will be listened to.
- If appropriate, the complaint will be passed on to the Head of Transition and Wellbeing, Mrs Ginny Willis, and to the Acting Head of Education, Mr Roberts.
- The person you have made the complaint about will be asked what happened.
If you wish, we will arrange for you to meet with the member of staff/pupil you have made the complaint about to see if we can sort it out. The person you spoke to first will also be with you at this meeting.
What will happen if I feel things have not been sorted out?
- If you wish to continue with your complaint you can arrange to speak to Mrs Drayton, who will meet you as soon as possible.
- If you wish, another adult can be invited to this meeting.
- After this meeting Mrs Drayton will see if any further action is required.
Who else can I speak to about my complaint?
If you still feel that things have not been sorted out, you can contact one of the people below. He or she will listen to your complaint and then let you know as soon as possible whether further action is required.
- Dr Willett – through Surgery or on 01428 683174
- Chair of Governors – contact via the School Office
- The Children’s Rights Director - 0800 5280731
- National Youth Advocacy Service - 0300 330 3131
- Childline - 0800 1111
- NSPCC - 0808 800500
- Surrey Social Services - 01483 579808
If you need any help there is always someone to talk to.