Equality & Diversity
At St Dominic’s School we value our multi cultural community and celebrate our diversity, creating opportunities for all to contribute, participate and grow. We are committed to ensuring that:
- We treat individuals fairly, with dignity and respect.
- Opportunities are open to all
- We provide a safe, supportive, inclusive and welcoming environment for pupils, students, staff and visitors.
Our key priorities are:
- To actively promote and maintain a positive school ethos and image that represents our values and commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion
- To ensure that all pupils, students, staff and visitors are aware of and comply with our equality and diversity policy.
- To provide an accessible physical environment, that meets the needs of our pupils, staff and visitors (please see accessibility plan).
- To provide a supportive, non- threatening yet challenging learning environment across the 24hr curriculum.
- To ensure that the curriculum, activity base and adult learning programmes are representative of our commitment to equality and diversity (please see Equality and Diversity checklists for; adult learning and teaching and learning in the 24hr curriculum).
- To provide extended services which meet the needs of our pupils, students and their families
To ensure accurate and effective monitoring of Equality and Diversity at all levels of reporting and policy.