Equality & Diversity
At St Dominic’s School we value our multi cultural community and celebrate our diversity, creating opportunities for all to contribute, participate and grow. We are committed to ensuring that:
- We treat individuals fairly, with dignity and respect.
- Opportunities are open to all
- We provide a safe, supportive, inclusive and welcoming environment for pupils, staff and visitors.
Our key priorities are:
- To actively promote and maintain a positive school ethos and image that represents our values and commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion
- To ensure that all pupils, staff and visitors are aware of and comply with our equality and diversity policy.
- To provide an accessible physical environment, that meets the needs of our pupils, staff and visitors (please see accessibility plan).
- To provide a supportive, non- threatening yet challenging learning environment across the 24hr curriculum.
- To ensure that the curriculum, activity base and adult learning programmes are representative of our commitment to equality and diversity (please see Equality and Diversity checklists for; adult learning and teaching and learning in the 24hr curriculum).
- To provide extended services which meet the needs of our pupils and their families
To ensure accurate and effective monitoring of Equality and Diversity at all levels of reporting and policy.